Friday, November 4, 2011

The unimaginable happens
And you hear it in her voice
And I, I'm chosen to give her hope.
To fix what seems can never be restored.
But me?
Who am I to enter such a chamber?
Love. Does it really have power
To the one who believed a love that brought hate.
A heart shredded in two
Pieces that shriveled to be forgotten.
Yet I see a speck.
Hope in her eyes that maybe.
Maybe there is love.

"...to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair....instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs"
Isaiah 61:3,7

No comments: